Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Company dissolution

A client (company director) called in to find out the process of voluntarily dissolving a company. I was tempted to ask and eager to know why was the company dissolving? However, I could not gather enough courage to call the client and ask him, why did he want to know the process of company dissolution? To find out the process of voluntarily dissolving a company was more then enough to answer for a PA to do the task requested accordingly.

I’d say to myself, just stop functioning the company, inform the employees of the company that the company will no longer be functional and pay the employees whatever the amount the company owes to the employees.

I have never thought that there existed a procedure of dissolving a company. My thoughts proved me wrong as there is a very organized way of dissolving a company in UK from the companies house.

I did thoroughly look into all the procedures of voluntarily dissolving a company and responded my client for the same. There are different types of dissolution of a company in different parts of UK.


Ummh! This was another challenging task and another challenging day.

No comments: