Friday, September 7, 2007

RESUME DATABASE

The importance of working as a team can never be ignored. This message was conveyed/reminded again to the IwantaPA Ltd executives, when a client had written to us to prepare a resume database wherein he has sent over a 100 of resumes. When I say reminded/conveyed, I did not mean to say that IWAP executives have stopped or forgotten to work as a team. We learnt the importance of teamwork better and doing more than one’s responsibility.

The client has requested the database resume to be prepared in a spreadsheet and at the earliest possible time. He has mentioned that the title, first name, surname, address, town/city, county, postcode, telephone #, email, and feedback to be added on the spreadsheet resume database. Since, the client had requested the task to be presented at the earliest possible time; we divided the list of the resumes and began to work earnestly. When we thought that task has been correctly and satisfactorily completed, before sending across to the client we’d sent the task to our CRM (Customer Relationship manager) but was found unsatisfactory with the feedback column.

Our CRM has particularly asked me to work again on the feedback column however, with my speed of doing the task and understanding not meeting the expectation of the CRM and with the clock never waiting for me/us, in turn our CRM became as low as a PA and has shouldered the responsibility of reworking the task by himself/herself to make sure that the client is not unsatisfactory like the CRM himself/herself.

I regretted my inefficiency on the approach of the rework task, which has made my colleagues and me to see for the first time a CRM doing a PA/Executive job. Who would not want his/her work to be found satisfactory by another person? “Nothing is too late if our realization is not too late.” However, today I/we have been too late to realize that the task we have done will be found unsatisfactory to another’s eye. Quickly our CRM realized that the client would be unhappy about the task we have done and the time taken. Unduly, I/we have let the CRM taken the onus for my/our inefficiency. Would not you call this teamwork? I do…and I am sure we cannot be wrong that the client will be happy with the task. (With special intervention from CRM)

A lesson taught and learnt from deed.
Left_Brained_Guy may need to think by the right huh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.