Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Database Research

I wonder if I do not have that lady luck as far as the task requests from the clients are concern to the IWAP executives / personal assistants. I have been a victim of realizing the toughness of the task request from the clients lately. This time again has not been a different scenario when a client had wrote in for a database research on FPGA computing production companies. I had thought that with the online marketing and advertisement in the west being so advance would not have any difficulty in finding out all the information that the client has asked for.

The client has asked for a database research on High Performance Reconfigurable Computers with FPGA centric. He would like it to be presented in an excel sheet which should essentially include the name of the company and contact details, management team, who, how and when the company was founded, products, market, partners, annual revenue / financial position, latest news or any upcoming events.

The task went on desired pace until came the annual revenue/financial position of the company. Very few companies have divulged their financial position. This was one level in the task which has made me to think had this task being worked by some of my colleagues; I would have not shoulder this difficulty. This was when it ran into my head because I cannot tell the client that this information could not be found and please find out by yourself. But I guess I like challenges because I get bore with the same kind task working over again.

I had said to myself if I could not get this information neither would any researcher be because I have thoroughly checked and looked into all possible links and ways to have this information. Simultaneously, I have also called few possible organizations that could have this information.

Happy with my own effort, I have sent the task request to the client with self-conviction that the client would also be happy about the task done.

No comments: